My travel buddy Janet Henry had been traveling with the WIN's along the Oregon coast and decided to join me in Eugene, Oregon.
We worked on her car some then felt that we needed some play time and took a great bike ride right from the Elks Lodge where we're staying. Saw some Nutria in the creek and one on the bank.
Next day, went to a bucket list item of Janet's, silver Springs State Park with 10 waterfalls! We made 6 of the 8 miles and saw 7 waterfalls! I bet in the spring it's really amazing!
Janet caught me doing my morning exercises 😀
This whole summer has been really about spending time with family for most of my family now lives in Oregon. We grew up as a military family moving every 4 years all over the world. As each kid grew up and left home they started their own lives in different locations. Most stayed on the west coast (California mainley) but brother Bob and I were career military ourselves and traveled the world!
After retirement brother Bob moved to Oregon and one by one the other siblings followed, Mom and Dad moved to Oregon after Dad eventually retired completely.
So that leaves me and mine on the east coast.... Lots of space between the other family members !
For the last 10 years for sure I do go and spend a little time in Oregon visiting family. This year I spent the entire summer here! Oh My! Seriously though, I have had an absolutely wonderful time this summer visiting with my family. A few times getting off with just my brother (we both love fly-fishing) taking sister Mary along on shopping trips. Spending lots of time chatting with Mom and Sistr Barbara. HAHAHAHA - I love to talk kaka (universal language for BULSHIT) and make them laugh! We had some riotous times chatting!
When the heat or smoke from wildfires became too much, I would escape to the coast for a week for a break.
Completely unnatural for me to be in one area for so long. I wouldn't change it for anything!





















No comments:
Post a Comment
Pease add your name